3 Hour Course: Self-Promotion on LinkedIn®
Format: Facilitator Guidebook (108 pages), Participant Guidebook (47 pages), PowerPoint, Videos, Handouts, Hands-on Lab, Evaluations
1. Comprehend the Rules of Engagement for self-promotion in a professional
2. Prepare a professional, SEO-rich profile.
3. Identify and follow the industry leaders within the desired field.
4. Utilize the advanced search filters to identify quality Connections and send
5. Engage with network and industry leaders through posts, blogs, emails, and
1. Learner will describe an engagement plan to promote himself/herself on LinkedIn
inclusive of the desired target audience and utilizing at least three Rules of
Engagement for self-promotion in a professional setting.
2. Learner will demonstrate an appreciation of the importance of frequent
engagement on LinkedIn by describing three benefits of LinkedIn only obtained
by frequent engagement.
3. Learner will demonstrate four tools within LinkedIn’s profile editor for SEO.
4. Learner will locate four leaders within their industry on LinkedIn with a minimum
of 1,000 Followers using a Post search.
5. Learner will identify ten local connection request candidates excluding 3rd
Connection and Group Member relationships.